Saturday, February 2, 2008

Rest of the Day

In the late afternoon, we went to market. There are no pictures to show because it is not advisable to take any there. The market is indescribable unless you've been there; but suffice it to say that this place really illustrates the poverty of the country. Just outside the market is Charcoal Beach. We then went to the Cabaret Berci Orphanage to spend some time with the kids there. Finally, we wrapped up the day with an authentic Haitian meal (complete with goat).

Early tomorrow morning, we will be heading up the mountain on donkeys
to go to church there. (We are not staying overnight as originally planned, but we are looking forward to a great time of worship.)









4 comments:

Chad and Tammy said...

I agree that the market is indescribable. It's not a place that I would care to go back to.

You are all in our prayers. Enjoy an awesome time of worship tomorrow morning.

P.S. Did Chad run out of hand sanitizer yet? Just kidding honey!!

Diane said...

Ah, the market... not a place I care to visit again. I'd like to hear more insights from the first time visitors - on the market, eating goat, etc.

Deleted 2014 said...

The market was a place that you might care to NOT wear shoes with treads, less you carry something home that you might not want to. I'll take the mountain hike anytime.. even though it hurt more. -Be blessed team. Were praising and praying happily that your there.

Scott and Theresa Bonk said...

I totally wouldn't want to go back through the market area again, but I'm glad I did once. It certainly gives you a perspective. I'm all is well. I can't wait to hear about the trip up the mountain and the wonderful praise and worship service.
Prayers going out to you all!
Theresa